Can you give your User ID to someone else to use your account? And what if that someone then uses your account for a purpose not allowed by the user agreement? Are you responsible? This is the subject of a possible lawsuit against CoreLogic in Australia.
See NY Times Article: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/28/business/star-wars-may-the-fourth-disney.html
Austral-Asia Freight Pty Ltd v Turner  FCCA 298
- The CCAAC then went on to recommend that “online transactions (including online auctions such as eBay) should be covered by the national statutory consumer guarantees in the same way as in-store transactions” (Recommendation 10.1, page 111).
- In the light of this recommendation, and the clear intention of the Australian Consumer Law to provide wide ranging protection for consumers, I consider that the purpose of provision will best be met by limiting auctions to physical auctions where the consumer does have the opportunity to inspect the goods before purchasing, analogous to in-store transactions.
- In the circumstances, I am not satisfied this arrangement was a sale by auction and therefore s. 54 and 55 of the Australian Consumer Law apply.
- UN Convention on the Use of Electronic Communications in International Contracts (CUEIC)
- Electronic transactions legislation - Commonwealth, Queensland
- UNCITRAL Model Law on Electronic Commerce
Establishing and operating websites
How do you determine when an electronic communication is sent/received? What are the possibilities?
Vienna Convention on the Sale of Goods (incorporated into
Guidelines for operating websites
Clickwrap / Shrinkwrap agreements
What is the difference between a clickwrap and a shrinkwrap license?
On U.S. Election Day, 3 November 2020, voters in the State of California overwhelmingly voted in favour of Proposition 24—a ballot measure t...
The United Nations intellectual property agency (WIPO) is the latest front in the US-China trade war. http://www.theage.com.au/world/sad-am...
Carly Long, an expert in domain name litigation, will teach the first half of the class this Tuesday evening. You may wish to have a look a...
This website has some useful links and references: http://www.epiphanysolutions.co.uk/article-index/rights-and-laws-of-the-internet/