Should freedom of speech on the Internet prevail over protection of the public interest? Does the public need to be protected? What is the difference between censorship and regulation?
What are the relevant public interests? Who decides?
Should there by government regulation, or reliance on technology (such as NetNanny), or parental responsibility (e.g., see Google's Family Safety Centre)?
- New classification review
- Australian ISPs forced to clean Internet and "mandatory web filter under fire"
- Hillary Clinton on Internet Freedom
- Anti-piracy v. internet freedom
- China and "China Web Censorship Stirs Scorn"